Continuous VAT identification number validation of all customers and vendors, or Sisyphos does get to the Caribbean
In blog post M&M’s, all your colleagues went on vacation to the Caribbean, and you got M&Ms in the office kitchen (so something, at least) – and a working tax determination plus automated booking to general ledger accounts.
Now here you are, sitting entirely alone in the office, your colleagues are still not back.
As a result, you can do their work, while they are probably having a great time with cocktails in each hand, lying on a pristine Caribbean beach lined with palm trees.
Ah, never mind. It’s probably raining there right now. What needs doing next?
Qualified VAT identification number confirmation of creditors and debtors.
The phrase alone is enough to make you dizzy. Out of curiosity, you take a look in Dynamics 365 at the debtor and creditor master data and note that a VAT identification number has been set up for every data record. Everything appears OK, but is it really? What do you need to validate and confirm here? After a quick look at the website of the Austrian government, you spot the problem. Since 1.7.2011,
each entrepeneur has to conduct VAT identification number inquiries via FinanzOnline.
Your gaze wanders from the website to the total number of creditors and debtors in Dynamics 365. What? That means that you now need to check all 20,000 data records manually? This will take forever. And what happens if something changes before we finish? This is like moving a rock up a mountain, for eternity!
There you are, sitting in front of the PC, shocked and demotivated, when suddenly, a solution emerges from the dark clouds of your despair:
A VAT identification number validation, which accesses the finance authorities, (e.g.: AT- FinanzOnline or VIES – European Commission etc.), in an automated way, directly from Dynamics 365, validating the VAT identification numbers in combination with name and address of each business partner!
With these features:
- The validity and existence of a VAT identification number and its allocation to a debtor/creditor.
- Checking the VAT identification number of existing debtor/creditor records.
- Checking existing debtors/creditors by means of a batch job (e.g. overnight).
- Checking sales and purchase orders.
- Checking invoice postings.
- Allowing manual checks of debtor/creditor master data.
With this documentation:
- The history, accessible via the debtor/creditor master data, highlighting when the VAT identification number was validated (and by which user in the case of manual validation).
- A log after each batch job.
In a nutshell, a solution, which enables you to keep the VAT identification numbers up-to-date, with minimal effort!
You immediately think of numerous problems which can be avoided as a result, things like:
- Printing invalid VAT identification numbers, which are a pain to correct.
- Input tax claimed being rejected due to an invalid VAT identification number.
- Problems during audits and the possibility of associated back payments of VAT or even fines.
Lucky for you, the solution which you imagined already exists – the VAT identification number validation of Solutions Factory.
Great, you are spared of the fate of Sisyphos, no eternal rolling up rocks, but enough time to join your colleagues in the sunny Caribbean, Mojitos and beaches, here you come!