dox42 for Finance and Operations
Meeting the specific requirements of reports and documents is a major element of every ERP system implementation project. There are often clear requirements and user needs in terms of the design and contents of forms (such as invoices) and labels (such as pallet labels) as well as lists and analyses.
It is not easy for users to make changes to existing documents or to create new reports. The standard reports offered by Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Supply Chain Management are mainly implemented in Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). However, even users with expert knowledge of SSRS still have to invest considerable time making changes to reflect new requirements and design aspects.
Typical questions which arise during implementation projects include:
- I have received a document template for reports from Marketing. I want to implement the desired layout without having to re-build the document.
Can I use this template as a basis for my reports?
- The report design for outgoing invoices has been completed, the order confirmation is being designed and is very similar in terms of its structure.
Can I integrate the changes to the invoice in the order confirmation?
- The report design for the order confirmation has now also been finalized. When a confirmation is issued –
Can a corresponding, appealing email be generated with the order confirmation as an attachment?
- A major customer wants a customer-specific design for its delivery notes and its prefabricated component labels.
Can I prepare this new design without programming work?
- I can’t find a suitable supplier master data sheet in the system?
Can I prepare a report for this without having to do programming work?
- And, last but not least:
Can I design and update the reports myself?
All of these questions can be answered with a “YES!” – if you use the add-on module dox42 for Finance and Operations.
- The user can individually and intuitively design new and modify existing reports in Microsoft Word.
- All Word features are available for the report design.
- The reports are seamlessly integrated into Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Supply Chain Management and can be opened in the usual manner.
- The module achieves that by linking Microsoft Dynamics 365 with the reporting solution dox42.
Report design in Word
dox42 for Finance and Operations allows users to rapidly, intuitively and flexibly design reports in Microsoft Office:
- Based on Word documents and in the appropriate corporate design
- Prepared by the relevant department itself (not by IT), meaning less coordination work
- With drag & drop functions to place data fields in reports
- With the possibility of transferring a finalized layout to other, similar documents
- In the language of the recipient of forms (e.g. offers in the customer language)
- With various designs for specific customers or clients supported
dox42 for Finance and Operations is the ideal tool for your documents:
- Document forms, such as invoices or delivery notes
- Labels, also those with bar codes and different printing directions
- Reports with images, data and elements from various data sources
dox42 for Finance and Operations supplements the standard reporting options offered by Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and by Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Supply Chain Management:
- Existing Microsoft Dynamics 365 reports can continue to be used where this makes sense
- New reports can be set up using dox42 for Finance and Operations or, as always, with SSRS
- Reports can be accessed in the usual manner directly in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance or in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Supply Chain Management
- The business logic of Microsoft Dynamics 365 is fully supported
- The user permissions of Microsoft Dynamics 365 are fully taken into account
- New reports can be created based on thousands of standard entities and without any programming work
- Integrated options exist for attaching documents to personalized emails
dox42 for Finance and Operations supplements the standard reporting options by providing an additional report engine and an additional report editor:
- Integration: dox42 for Finance and Operations has been implemented on the basis of extensions in order to avoid the need for modifications to the standard code of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and to ensure that upgrades are easy.
- Document generation: dox42 reports rely on dox42 Server instead of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Design: dox42 reports are designed in Microsoft Word, not in Microsoft Visual Studio. The data which Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance or Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Supply Chain Management send to SSRS are also readily available (out-of-the-box) in dox42.
Easily design reports yourself, with full access to your data and applying the business logic of Microsoft Dynamics 365 instead of making tedious report modifications in Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services!
- Intuitive report design:
In Microsoft Office instead of in SSRS
- Diverse application options:
Forms, labels, reports, …
- Seamless integration:
No changes required on the part of users; reports are still accessed in the same manner as in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Time- and cost savings:
Instead of time-consuming report modifications!
|Report design für Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations: in Microsoft Word, with full use of all data and business logic – is can be so fast and easy!|
|To request prices or a a demo version, simply contact us!|