Day-to-day business involves users generating numerous and diverse reports with the aid of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 –forms (such as invoices), labels and, in particular, various summaries, lists and analyses. Besides the integration of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Dynamics also relies particularly on Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services for these purposes.
The modification of existing or the generation of new reports is often difficult for users.
- In addition to programming skills in Microsoft Dynamics AX, this also requires expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
- As a result, enormous work inputs are needed in order to modify reports to reflect customer-specific requirements and design specifications.
dox42 is a flexible, powerful and intuitive tool for the automation of documents and the integration of data.
The add-on module dox42 AX is the key to the seamless integration of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and dox42.
- Individually and intuitively design new or re-design existing reports in Microsoft Office by the user.
- Maximally exploit existing data, the security and the business logic features of Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- dox42-based reports can be accessed in Microsoft Dynamics AX in the usual manner without changing the process.
- dox42 supplements the standard reporting options of Microsoft Dynamics AX by providing time- and cost-saving options for report design.
dox42 makes it possible to individually design reports in Microsoft Office:
- Simply design reports in Microsoft Word in accordance with the corporate design by the relevant department.
- Then drag & drop the data fields into the report.
- Embed calculations and charts generated in Microsoft Excel.
- Manage reporting elements with conditions.
Flexible and powerful
dox42 offers numerous options for using Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012:
- Document forms like sales invoice or delivery note.
- Labels, also with Barcodes and different text/printing directions.
- Reports with diagrams, images and data from various data sources.
The dox42 AX module supplements the standard reporting tools of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012:
- Existing reports from Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 can continue to be used where this makes sense.
- New reports can be designed using dox42 or, as in the past, using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services in AX.
- Access reports in the usual manner directly in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Minimal report loading times for dox42 reports.
- Forms in the language of the recipient, e.g. offers, invoices, delivery notes, …
- Customer-specific reports such as delivery notes, pre-printed labels, …
Simply design reports using dox42, making full use of the data and business logic of AX – instead of making time-consuming modifications to reports in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Seamless integration – no changes for the user and the usual reporting procedure in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Numerous potential uses – forms, labels, reports, …
- Intuitive report design – in Microsoft Office instead of in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Time- and cost-savings – instead of extensive report modifications.