Security & License Cockpit
Both Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Supply Chain Management include a comprehensive user rights management system. On the basis of predefined roles, users are assigned access to forms, reports and functions as well as the data structures necessary for these.
- No one company is identical to any other, which is why the predefined roles in Microsoft Dynamics AX often do not reflect the actual roles played in companies.
- The existing roles are very extensive, as a result of which users are often assigned more rights than they need for their assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- User rights are difficult to change in a targeted manner given that dependencies exist between the different roles.
- Customer-specific extensions and add-on modules have to be integrated in the existing roles, duties and privileges.
- The impact of user rights on licensing is not immediately clear despite the fact that the assigned roles have an enormous and direct impact on the licensing costs of Microsoft Dynamics 365.
The Security & License Cockpit add-on module addresses the challenges highlighted above and is the key to the simple, targeted and the license-optimized assignment of user rights in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Supply Chain Management. The add-on is fully built on the new extension model and supports all Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations releases since Platform Update 3 (so, since the November 2016 release).
- Display and modify user rights per role at the click of a button using a clearly structured, Excel-like matrix.
- Efficient security configuration in detail for menu items, fields, buttons, form controls, tables, entities and service operations.
- Easily combine the individual user rights of various roles to create new roles.
- Import task recordings as a basis to start from.
- Compare, analyze and modify user rights in Microsoft Office Excel.
- Directly display the necessary licenses – for every user right and every role.
- Audit trail for modifications made using the Security & License Cockpit.
Examples of use
- Prepare dedicated roles and integrate selected rights from standard roles.
- Modify user rights without dependencies between roles.
- Targeted localization and deactivation of menu items for which users require expensive licenses.
- Set rights for custom developments and add-ons – in an efficient, simple and integrated way.
- Test what is possible with a certain license type.
- Lower costs – as a result of simple and efficient user rights and license management.
- Increased security – as a result of a clear overview, the targeted assignment and audit trails of user rights.
- Tested and proven – by over 20 successful implementations.